“There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education.
The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.”
– Jiddu Krishnamurti
Shelley’s Achievements & Experiences
Curious about all things human and spiritual, Shelley began her journey of discovery at a very young age, reading Siddartha, by Herman Hesse, and other spiritually oriented books at the tender age of fifteen, catapulting her into studying the human-spiritual dynamic with a full heart. Being a student of all aspects of BEing Human, the spiritual, physical, mental and emotional, Shelley combined her knowledge and became a yoga teacher in her early twenties. In the early seventies, she introduced “spiritual concepts” into the corporate world, through advertising and merchandising campaigns she presented while working for a national franchise chain, making “healthy relationships” the key ingredient to successful business practices.
Shelley went on to co-create a marketing design company, where she pioneered a spiritual color-healing system into the 100-year old bedding industry. Integrating unique spiritual concepts in her designs made the designs very successful and revolutionized the use of color in high end stores, becoming center spread for Neiman Marcus catalog and others.
Always conscious of making the world a better place, the nonprofit world attracted Shelley and for over 18 years she served on various boards of directors, co-founding the Whizin Foundation, supporting Jewish family education, along with Jewish spiritual renewal through synagogue programs.
Shelley’s love of live musical theatre led her to cofound the Here’s To Life Foundation with Toni and Gene Bua, reaching teens at risk through art and entertainment. Producing two original musical plays and bussing in thousands of troubled teens from half-way houses, residential treatment centers and other such organizations in order to uplift their spirit.
Her journey of initiation with Shaman in Peru, back in the eighties, catapulted her into the cosmic world of conscious dying. She continued her fascination by studying different cultural views of living and dying, spending a brief time in India and furthering her studies in America, where she obtained her bachelor’s degree in Jewish Studies. All of this preparation gave her the ability to help navigate her friend’s dying journey in 2007. It was through this life-changing, profound experience that she knew death didn’t have to be an awful experience (even though it’s sad). By what she learned, having a sacred dying experience is not only possible, it is actually a sacred, healing experience, filled with love, not only for the person who is dying, but also for the family left behind.
Receiving various certifications in Life Coaching techniques, Shelley went on to become a Certified National End of Life Trainer for The Twilight Brigade, along with attaining various certifications as a Life Coach, Trainer, and a Certified Death Midwife.
Shelley’s purpose is to inspire and guide people through all of life’s transitions, empowering individuals to explore, discover, and consciously navigate their human experience, celebrating the fulfillment of the soul in a loving, lighthearted way.
Shelley indeed is a life-long learner. Her passion for learning is equal to her passion for sharing her experiences with others, imparting the valuable lessons that have changed, and continue to change her own life. She delights in empowering others to cut the gap time between what they want and where they are.
By taking herself on journeys into various Native American, Eastern and Western cultures, she has accumulated a treasure chest of tools, looking through a multitude of different perspectives and coaching methodologies, and has created her own system, teaching people how to become competent and confident soul divers, able to hold the space for people to have their experiences… all rooted in love and healing.
Here is a peek into some of her achievements and life experiences:
- Soul Diving™ Master Guide/Professional Life Coach (Soul Diving Institute™)
- Certified High-Performance Coach (High Performance Academy)
- Certified End of Life Trainer (The Twilight Brigade)
- Certified Death Midwife (Sacred Crossings)
- Founding Board Member for Anam Cara Hospice Topanga
- Certified Dream Builder Coach (Brave Thinking Institute)
- Certified Hypnosis/NLP Master Results Coach/Presenter (Wealth Academy)
- Certified Speaker/Trainer/Facilitator (Peak Potentials)
- Toltec Training, Mexico (from the teachings of Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements)
- Co-Founder/Chair/Producer, Here’s To Life Foundation (Reaching teens at risk, through art & entertainment)
- BA, American Jewish University (Summa Cum Laude)
- Co-Founder/VP Whizin Foundation (Non-profit)
- Co-Founder/VP Two Eagles Design (Non-profit Management)
- Shaman’s Journey of Initiation/Apprenticeship, Peru (4 Winds Society)
- Seva/Study, Penukonda, India (Swami Kaleshwar)
- Co-Founder/President, Lighthearts Inc. (High-End Bedding Design/Manufacturer)
- Designer, SSW Originals (High-End Hand Painted Clothing)
- Advertising Director, United Rent-All (National Franchise Chain)
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Graduate, Mind Psy-biotics Program
- Author: The Healing Journal; The Magical Story of the Baby Grand Piano, and What Do You Bring To The Table?